2 Free Trial Classes
Since 2005, our martial arts program has been teaching much more than just self-defense. We teach focus & concentration for better grades, respect for improved behavior, and fitness for health and wellness. And, of course, every class is a ton of FUN!
Check out out schedule below and then take advantage of our online special!
Schedule for students (Ages 5 & 6).
Tuesday: 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 3:45 p.m.
Thursday: 3:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10:30 a.m.
Our programs start at five years old, but we will evaluate children as young as four and a half to see if they are ready for classs.
Schedule for junior students (Ages 7+).
Monday: 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:45 a.m.
If you would like to take advantage of our online introductory special: 2 FREE Trial Classes, simply click the button above and enter your contact information. There is no purchase required and no further obligation after your trial classes.
*Offer available to new students only. May not be combined with other offers, fundraisers, introductory specials, Valentines cards, or V.I.P. gift cards. Offer limited to one 2-lesson trial offer per child per household. Please call us at 908-464-2836 with any questions or to schedule your child's pre-evaluation after completing the checkout process. Offer cannot be applied retroactively to current introductory programs. Martial Arts for Life is not responsible for typographical errors on this website.
Limited Time Offer - Expires Soon!
.5 Reasons why Martial Arts for Life is widely considered the #1 school for kids in the area.
1. Age-appropriate Curriculum and Instruction: We offer a modern age-appropriate curriculum that offers not only the most immediate self-defense application for our students, but is specifically designed to improve coordination, balance, agility, memory-skills and strength. Our teching methodology, developed over the past 20+ years, promotes a fun, supportive environment with structure and discipline at it's core.
2. Our Alliance with Martial Artists Against Bullying: Martial Arts for Life is the only local martial arts school that is a member of the Martial Artists Against Bullying initiative. It is the mission of MAAB to educate, inform & eradicate bullying. We teach our students Awareness, Avoidance & Assertiveness. Additionally, in our classes we address specific bullying scenarios and teach proven strategies and techniques how to address these situations when they arise.
3. We are Experienced & Certified: Most folks are unaware that the martial arts industry is completely unregulated. Not even a simple background check is required for someone to rent space, lay down mats and start teaching your child. Martial Arts for Life has been serving the local community since 2005 and our owners have a combined total of 40+ years experience teaching martial arts. Our chief instructor is certified by the Martial Arts Teachers' Association.
4. Our Life Skills & Character Education Program: Through systematic instruction, accompanied by exercises in the lessons of respect, discipline, focus, persistence, leadership and confidence our students gain the knowledge and ability to apply the life skills we teach them consistently and effectively in their day-to-day lives. Most of our Martial Arts for Life parents name this as their favorite part of the program! We are the only martial arts school to ever have aspects of their character education program featured in SUCCESS Magazine ("Goal Driven." February 2014).
5. We Are Parents, Too: We live in and serve the local community. As parents, we are faced with the same concerns as you: How to raise our children to be happy, well adjusted, productive members of society. We treat each child in our program with the same care and concern we would treat ours with. We use martial arts as a vehicle to help our young students to be their highest and best selves.
Family Owned & Operated
Martial Arts for Life has been family owned and operated by Master & Mrs. Brugger since 2005. Martial Arts for Life serves New Providence NJ, Berkeley Heights NJ, Summit NJ and all surrounding areas.
Martial Artists Against Bullying
Martial Arts for Life is a member of the Martial Artists Against Bullying initiative. It is the mission of MAAB to educate, inform & eradicate bullying. We teach our students Awareness, Avoidance & Assertiveness.
Featured in SUCCESS Magazine
Martial Arts for Life was featured in the February issue of SUCCESS Magazine. In the article, "Goal Driven," our work with our students on goal setting, character education and life-skills is discussed. Click here to read the article!
Character Training / Development
- Good Attitude: Teaches benefits of having the right attitude for success.
- Good Habits: Teaches practical ways to to develop self-discipline, responsibility and focus.
- Good Self-Control: Teaches practical ways to control and channel emotions.
- Good Manners: Emphasizes the benefits of courtesy and respect.
School Safe / Street Safe
- ABC's of Conflict Avoidance: Primarily teaches avoidance strategies.
- Stranger Alert: Teaches how to identify a lure and what to do.
- Five Rules of Personal Safety: Teaches what to do when confronted and how to resolve the situation peacefully.
- Trust Your Intuition: Teaches practical techniques to fine tune awareness.
This is the hidden content that will be reveal after the countdown's end. You can modify this text, add more paragraph, change font style, etc. You can also add elements into this area.
1260 Springfield Ave., New Providence, NJ
In The Village Shopping Center
(908) 464 - 2836