Instructor Profile: Miss Shail
This month's instructor profile features Miss Shail, one of our AWESOME Team MAFL instructors. Miss Shail is a first degree Black Belt. She currently assists with all ranks and levels of our kids' program. Recently, Miss Shail took a few mintues between classes to answer a few questions.
1. How many years have you been training in the martial arts?
I have been training in the martial arts since around June of 2015, so around four years.
2. Why did you start martial arts training?
I started martial arts training to become more confident in myself. Over the past few years I have been training, I have seen this benefit my life in every aspect.
3. What is your favorite technique and why?
My favorite technique is a roundhouse kick. It is really versatile since it can be used on the head, body, and legs, so it is especially my favorite for sparring.
4. What made you want to become and instructor?
I wanted to become an instructor because I looked up to my instructors when I was starting out, and thought it would be a fun opportunity for me, too.
5. What do you like most about teaching martial arts?
The thing I like most about teaching is being able to pass down the knowledge from my training in martial arts to the next “generation” of great martial artists. I like watching everyone grow from white belt up.
6. What hobbies or interests do you have outside of martial arts training?
Outside of martial arts, I enjoy reading, drawing, running, hiking, and playing with my two dogs.
7. What accomplishment (martial arts or otherwise) are you most proud of?
Earning my black belt is one of my proudest accomplishments since it was a time when my hard work paid off. Another proud accomplishment is my grades since it is another way my hard work in school pays off.